Unlocking the future of Māori innovation
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa and Callaghan Innovation have teamed up with influential leaders Creative HQ, Robett Hollis, Crowe Horwath and Ernst & Young Tahi to create and roll out Kōkiri. It’s a first of its kind – a business accelerator dedicated to speeding up the development of early stage Māori businesses.
A unique approach to business acceleration
Kōkiri is a values-based 4-month startup accelerator that supports 10 early stage Māori-led companies on a journey for business growth. Developed for Māori, by Māori, Kōkiri is built upon a foundation of Kia angitu te tauira (founder success), and designed to strengthen Māori business founders in the areas most important to them.
Kōkiri provides the 10 start-ups businesses with:
- Business startup workshops
- Access to a cash grant for the development of your product or innovation
- Opportunity to identify and obtain the resources you need to grow your business
- Co-working space and facilities
- Access to mentors with industry and technical expertise
- World class business training and mentoring
- Access to national investor groups
- Business exposure